Wednesday, November 10, 2010

variable data direct mail

photo3
Thumbnails

photo2
Back of direct mail piece

photo
Front of direct mail piece

Picture 1
Back of "child" version

Picture 2
Front of "child" version

Picture 3
Back of "senior" version

Picture 4
Front of "senior" version

Project Specifications
For my variable data direct mail piece, I have decided to design a postcard to be sent to customers of a fictional photography studio. I knew I wanted to use photography for this particular assignment and I wanted it to be high quality. I didn't want to mess with paying for stock images, so I've decided to use some of my personal photos for the postcard. This will enable me to differentiate my data according to photography needs such as maternity, wedding, and senior photos.

Part of this assignment is to include two data changes. I've decided that one piece of data change will be my photos, according to the client's needs. The second piece of data I'll be including is a name change. For example, "Dear Jane,". I will also be including a data change in the form of the client's address.

My target audience for this piece will be people with important events approaching, especially fictitious past clients who I know are, for example, pregnant. This makes my target audience fairly widespread as it will include high school juniors and seniors, young adults, 20-somethings, soon-to-be parents, new parents, families with older kids, and pretty much everything in between. It follows that I will need to be very careful with my design to make it appeal to both teenagers and older parents.

The call to action for this piece will be to encourage the client to get in contact with the photography studio via phone or email. Through the photography provided on the direct mail piece, they will be reminded of the quality of work of the studio, which will lead them to schedule a portrait session for the upcoming event in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment