Friday, March 4, 2011

depth of field

In my Photography 1 class, our current assignment has a section focusing on depth of field. The assignment is to take a picture of similar objects using a shallow depth of field. For whatever reason, the first "object" I thought of was lipstick tubes, because I thought the incorporation of bright colors would add some interest to the photo.
This is what I ended up with, after a little Photoshop tweaking.

IMG_2190bright

And because everyone needs a laugh every now and then, I will say that I took this on the steps outside my apartment on a nice, sunny day when everyone was out. Which means lots of people thought I was crazy when I was setting it up. Also, it was a bit windy, so they eventually all fell down, tumbling down the steps and getting all crusty (which is fine because I don't wear lipstick - these are all samples I got in the mail when I ordered other products). Also, because I'm in the habit of locking my doors, I locked myself out of my apartment and had to awkwardly ask my neighbor to card the door for me. All in all, I would say a lot went to this very simple shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment