Thursday, July 14, 2011

fabrication

Let me tell you how cool my job is.

I have spent the past two hours of my work day creating two images of books from several sources.

In the photo below, you can see four distinct pieces:
  • The cover of the book
  • The back cover of the book
  • The pages inside the book
  • The coil binding
The cover:
This cover came to us as a flat piece of material. It was then photographed and placed in this Photoshop document for manipulation.

The back cover:
The back cover of the book is a duplicate layer of the front cover. I then placed the layer behind the front cover layer.

The pages inside the book:
I did not have a photograph of the inside pages, so I created a white square box, then added an Inner Shadow effect to provide a sense of depth.

The coil binding:
The coil binding was taken from another product. The client had requested that this product have the same plastic coil binding as the other product. The white you see is the original product. I am in the process now of very carefully removing the white of the original product to reveal the new product below (using the Eraser tool). 


Picture 2

No comments:

Post a Comment