Wednesday, July 6, 2011

summer internship | sun graphics

One requirement for my Commercial Graphics degree is to complete an internship. The internship must include 320 hours of work in a graphics or printing setting. I have had the privilege this summer to work at Sun Graphics in Parsons, Kansas for my internship.

Right now, it's about halfway through the summer, meaning I'm about halfway through my internship. Today is an important day for another reason, though - this morning my very first professional job went through the press...with no errors! I feel like a proud mother!

The job is for Cornerstone Memorials in Independence, Kansas and includes a trifold brochure, bifold brochure, price list, business card, letterhead, and envelope. Last Friday, the final proofs were approved by the customer, so this week is press week!

I've included some photos in this post of the trifold and bifold brochures going through the press in a ganged, work and tumble layout. The other pieces of this job will be printed digitally because of the smaller quantities.

I will post again when all the pieces are all printed and folded.

IMG_1239
paper going into the press

IMG_1241
press sheets coming out of the press
IMG_1240
checking for color and registration

IMG_1242
checking for color and registration
IMG_1243
checking for color and registration

No comments:

Post a Comment