Thursday, April 14, 2011

Typeface: Archer

For my color blocking Layout and Design assignment, I chose to recreate a layout from Martha Stewart Living magazine. We were instructed to attempt to recreate the layout as accurately as possible. This accuracy included fonts.
For some people in my class, the layout they chose included a font that was readily available to them, such as Times. However, the font Martha Stewart Living uses almost exclusively in their magazine is called Archer, and is available by purchase only.
Archer is a beautiful font, and if it weren't so expensive I would definitely buy it. It is a stand-out slab serif and works wonderfully in Martha Stewart Living, and I can only imagine all the other applications possible.
For a look at Archer, a review of the font, and a more in-depth description of its uses and specifics, visit Typographica.
The font I ended up using for my project was AlexandriaFLF, a similar slab serif that worked well enough for my project, and cost me nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment